Vamsi asked me such a delicate question that instead of answering him as a comment, I thought of coming up with a new post. His question was:
But how does one know if he/she is in “true” love??
Being a novice in the field, I consulted bhOndOO, the person having long time experience in Love. He told me the following symptoms. Although the symptoms are related to iisc life, those can be easily transformed into the appropriate environment. Further, the symptoms assume a male Lover, appropriate modifications should be done for a female Lover. Here is what bhOndOO says.
You are in Love:
- when the first thought in the morning (or whenever you wake up) is not that of your advisor, but of her.
- when for no apparent reason, you smile to yourself and look around to see nobody witnessing it.
- when you walk on the road in front of the library and start noticing pairs of birds rather than worrying about the shitty blessings.
- when you are sitting alone in your hostel room, although impossible, you feel that she would knock at the door.
- when you avoid calling your friends on mobile because you are expecting a call from her and she should not receive an engaged tone.
- when she calls and you see her name on the mobile display, smile follows the missing pulse. When you say “Hello”, you try to hide all your excitement as if her number is not even stored in your mobile.
- when you keep looking at the tea board entrance or the mess entrance for her arrival — even if that never happens.
- when you pay for her in tea board, you start thinking about running the house together!
- when you see a happy couple with a child in Nesara, you steal a glance at her for her reaction.
- when you miss a lecture to have a coffee with her.
- when the first thing you notice when you reach the department is her bicycle.
- when on her birthday, you gift her something that she casually talked about almost 11 months back.
- when you keep searching for her name on google, keep checking her orkut scrapbook, keep checking her friends’ scrapbook for what she has written, and feel skeptical about the boy who writes often in her scrapbook.
- when you try to postpone the meeting with your advisor because you have to meet her.
- when asleep, you dream of her getting married to Gullu.
- when you read The Fountainhead, you imagine yourself to be Howard Roark and her to be Dominique Francon.
- when you are appreciated by friends or advisor, you wish hard that she should have been there.
- when you share your childhood photo with her.
- when suddenly Dijkstra’s shortest path algorithm starts outputting the path from your hostel to the department via her hostel.
- when you feel happy to see her smiling.
What are your symptoms?